Memorial Day is all about remembering those who served our country, and it’s also a day to celebrate freedom. It’s easy to get caught up in the barbecues and shopping, but take a moment to remember the true meaning of Memorial Day.
To help you out, we’ve compiled some inspirational quotes for you to use as Instagram captions for your Memorial Day photos:
Table of Contents
Patriotic Memorial Day Captions
Memorial Day is a time to honor those who have served, and that should be reflected in your Instagram captions.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your Memorial Day Instagram caption, we’ve got you covered. We’ve rounded up 30 patriotic Memorial Day quotes that would make great captions on your Instagram posts.
- Honoring all those who have served our country
- Remembering those who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- Grateful for the brave men and women who have served our country
- In memory of those who gave their lives for our freedom
- Honoring the heroes who have fought for our country
- Remembering and honoring all those who have served
- Forever grateful for the sacrifices made by our military heroes
- Thanking all those who have served and continue to serve our country
- Honoring the brave men and women who have fought for our freedoms
- Remembering and paying tribute to those who have served our country with honor and bravery
- May we never forget those who have fallen.
- For those who fought, and those who didn’t come home.
- Stars and stripes
- They will be missed.
- Love for the fallen.
- Thank you to all those who have served.
- Land of the free, because of the brave.
- Let us never forget those who have sacrificed their lives for our country.
- Bravery and valor never die.
- This is my resting beach face.
- Get your grill on.
- Sun’s out, hamburger buns out!
- Chill out with your grill out.
- Eat. Sleep. Beach. Repeat.
- Out of office.
- All up in my grill!
- Freedom tastes like charbroil.
- Paradise found!
- Seas the day!
- Sun’s out, fun’s out!
- Red, white, and brews.
Inspirational Memorial Day Captions
Memorial Day is a time to remember those who have fought and died in service of our country. It’s also a time to celebrate the freedoms we’re fortunate enough to enjoy here in the United States of America. Whether you decide to post patriotic quotes, funny captions, or just a few photos of your Memorial Day festivities, it’s always a good idea to include a quote or caption that represents the day.
If you’re looking for some Inspirational Memorial Day captions or quotes for your Instagram photo, you can use one from this list! Or if you’re feeling creative, feel free to come up with your own.
- Home of the free because of the brave.
- Forgotten are the fallen, but not the fight.
- Let freedom ring! Happy Memorial Day!
- And this be our motto: ‘In God is our trust.
- No matter how tough things get, we can’t forget that we’re free.
- I’m in a summer state of mind.
- Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
- Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
- And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
- O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Short Memorial Day Captions
Whether you’ll be celebrating Memorial Day with a family BBQ, or just taking the day to relax, there’s no better way to share fun memories than on Instagram.
So make sure you get some pics of the day (and make them good ones!), because this is your chance to show us how you celebrate Memorial Day.
There are many ways to express your patriotism: hosting a BBQ with friends and family, attending a local parade, visiting a local cemetery, or even just spending time reflecting on what it means to be an American.
No matter what you do this Memorial Day, make sure to post pictures of the day on your IG and use these captions to get the likes rolling.
- Honor the fallen. And let them rest in peace.#MemorialDay
- Remembering the ones we lost. Forever grateful for their sacrifice.
- Missing all of the brave men and women who’ve served our country.
- Long live the Red, White, and Blue.
- All gave some, some gave all.
- We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.
- Bravery never goes out of style.
- Life is better when you’re under the sun.
- Mermaid vibes!
- Family and friends are the key ingredients for the perfect barbecue.
- Burgers and brews for the red, white, and blue.
- Grill baby grill!
- I like big buns and I cannot lie.
- Pool szn.
- One nation, indivisible.
- Hot sun, cold beer, the gang’s all here.
- Blue skies and sunshine.
- Summer begins now.
Memorial Day Quotes
- “True patriotism springs from a belief in the dignity of the individual, freedom and equality not only for Americans but for all people on earth, universal brotherhood and good will, and a constant and earnest striving toward the principles and ideals on which this country was founded.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -John F. Kennedy
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” -Joseph Campbell
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” -Benjamin Disraeli
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J. Savage
- “Nothing is more powerful than an individual acting out of his conscience, thus helping to bring the collective conscience to life.” – Norman Cousins
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.” – Unknown
- “For love of country they accepted death.” – James A. Garfield
- Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
- We cherish too, the Poppy red, that grows on fields where valor led; it seems to signal to the skies that blood of heroes never dies. -Moina Michael
- In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.-Ned Dolan
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.-John F. Kennedy
- The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.-Benjamin Disraeli
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.-Elmer Davis