Facebook, which started its journey as a social media platform, has become much more than that over time. It is now one of the largest libraries of videos on the web. People also use it to live-stream their videos and reach out to their audience. These videos are often in the shape of online webinars or podcasts with people who have mastered their trades. These live videos are often highly valuable and usable for various purposes. Hence, downloading live videos from Facebook is essential if they sound important to you.
It is worth mentioning that some people want to download their live videos, while others want to use live videos from other pages, profiles, or groups. The only problem people face while downloading live videos from Facebook is their inability to know the methods or tools to download live videos and save them for offline usage. Therefore, we have put together some details to help you download a live video from Facebook, for offline usage or on other platforms.
Further details are given below:
Direct Download from Facebook
Mind you, this method is only for the people who publish their live videos on Facebook and want to download their video to make it a part of other helpful content items. The method is quite simple, and Facebook allows you to do so because you own the rights to the content. It is worth mentioning that every live video you create on Facebook becomes a part of its database and gets published on your profile after some time. However, this is only possible if you haven’t downloaded that live video from Facebook. So if you haven’t deleted your live video and want to download it for offline usage or the repurposing process, then simply browse the live video section on your page. Here are some steps to guide you.
- As soon as you find the video that you want to download, open it in full screen.
- When the video opens, you will see the details about that video on the right side of the screen.
- In the upper right corner, there will be a 3-dots button.
- Click on this button and find the ‘Download’ button.
- You will see the video getting downloaded after choosing the download option.
Use an Online Facebook Video Downloader
If you have found a valuable live video on Facebook, and want to make it a part of your offline video inventory, then it is not a tricky task. You can easily do it with the help of an online Facebook video downloader. Furthermore, such a tool won’t be baggage on your device’s storage space as you don’t have to install it.
Note: When it comes to downloading live videos from Facebook groups, a video downloader for Facebook will be capable of downloading videos from a Public group only. It won’t be able to download live videos from a private group (except your own) because of restrictions.
The plus point of using such a tool is that you don’t have to worry about its compatibility with the device you are using. A web-based tool like an online video downloader for Facebook can be easily accessed from smartphones, PCs, and tablets, regardless of their operating systems. Here are some steps to help you download live videos posted by others on Facebook.
- Find a Live video on Facebook watch by browsing the live section.
- Copy the link to your favorite live video.
- Access the online Facebook video downloader from your device.
- Paste the copied URL into the given box.
- After pasting the URL, press the download button below the box.
- Once you press it, the online downloader will start validating the given URL.
- After validation, it will show you multiple options for download in terms of video resolution.
- You opt for one that suits you the most and downloads it.
- Your favorite live video will get downloaded easily.
Video Downloader Extension for PC Browsers
Another method to download live videos from Facebook is the video downloader browser extension. However, this method is only applicable to PC users. The browser extension will allow you to download videos easily for offline usage on your PC. Here are some steps to help you download live videos from Facebook with the help of a browser extension.
- Open your default browser and look for a video downloader extension in its store.
- Once you find it, opt for installation on your browser.
- Now that the extension has been installed on your browser, open Facebook.
- Browse Facebook and find your favorite live video.
- Open the video to watch; the extension will notify you about a downloadable resource.
- Click on the extension icon to see details and press the download button.
- Once you do it, the browser will start downloading the live video from Facebook.
Ending the Discussion
Some people may think downloading a live video from Facebook is a tricky task, but it is as easy as downloading other videos from Facebook. We have discussed a few practical ways to download live videos from the largest social media platform without any issues. Hopefully, you will find this article helpful for your future Facebook live downloads.