Greece is a beautiful country, and if you’re lucky enough to travel there, you’ll be able to capture some amazing photos that you can use on your social media platforms. Not only is the scenery stunning, but the people are also friendly and welcoming. So whether you’re a photographer or just looking for a new place to post your selfies, Greece is definitely worth a visit!
In this article, we’ll provide you with some captions for the best Instagrammable places in Greece. Let’s get started!
Best Greece Captions
Greece is home to some of the most famous monuments and stunning scenery on the planet, and it’s easy to see why so many people love exploring its streets and villages. From Athens to Mykonos, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant country. Whether you’re a history buff or just want to soak up some sun and relax on a beach, Greece is the perfect destination for a trip of a lifetime.
As for the captions for Instagram, we’ve got you covered. Check out this list and find the ones that suit your picture the best.
- Feeling like I’m living in a fairytale in Greece.
- Greece: the land of ancient history and breathtaking beauty.
- Discovering the hidden gems of Greece.
- Greece: where the sun always shines.
- Feeling grateful for this amazing opportunity to explore Greece.
- The colors of Greece are like nothing I’ve ever seen.
- Greece: a place where time stands still.
- Taking in the stunning views of Greece.
- Greece: a true paradise on earth.
- Feeling like a modern-day goddess in Greece.
- I followed my heart and it led me to Greece
- Greece is always a good idea!
- Athena, where ya at?
- Greece, I already Arte -miss you
- I did not have to rush to join this Greece life!
- Greece, you must have be under spell.
- Greece is a good place to look at the moon,
- Do you hate bad puns? My apollo-gees
- Got Greece on my mind
- What Athens at the Parthenon, stays at the Parthenon
Funny Greece Captions
Vacationing in Greece and need to express your funny side on Instagram? Here are some unique and funny Greece captions that will make your followers like you more.
- You are such a Socratease
- I never want to leave Greece. I falafel about it.
- Its all Greek to me!
- What Athens in Greece stays in Greece.
- I can be your gyro baby!
- Go big or go Homer.
- Oh my Zeus!
- Olive you so much Greece.
- Feta stop eating so much but the food here is just too good.
- Stop Socrateasing me.
- Greecey hair, don’t care.
Short Greece Captions
Express yourself on Instagram while sharing pictures from your Greece trip. Here are some short captions that will help you along the way.
- Symi in Greece
- 50 shades of blue
- Living the island life 😍
- Long time no sea 🌊
- Nostalgia in every step
- Greece and love
- Sea-ize the day!
Mykonos is one of the most popular islands in Greece. This is a must-visit place for anyone who is on a holiday trip to Greece. Here are some caption ideas that you can copy-paste when posting pictures from Mykonos to your Instagram feed.
- Olive for views like this.
- Wonders never Greece!
- Mykonos, I’ll be bak-…lava!
- Don’t harbor any resent for me — I’m just living my best Greek life.
- So many blue-tiful views in Mykonos!
- Don’t be Meek-onos.
- Taking some Me-konos time.
- I’m not a freddo tell you that I’m in love with Mykonos.
- Just got to Mykonos… Feta late than never!
- This island just ouzos with charm.
- This place has a great Chora!
When you hear the name of Santorini, you expect to see something interesting and photogenic. You are not disappointed. We came to cover up your captions, and now we’re right here with you!
- Living the sweet life in Santorini.
- Picture-perfect moments.
- Travel is an investment in yourself.
- Mornings in Santorini 😍
- Santorini is calling
- Wanderlust. A desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence.
- I’ve never met an island I didn’t like!
- Vacation mood: ON
- Collect moments, not things.
- Happiness is a choice we make. I chose Santorini.
Quotes About Greece
When it comes to posting on Instagram, you may find yourself at a loss for words. We’ve included some great Greece quotes for you to use as captions in your photos.
- I want to see the Parthenon by moonlight– Daphne Du Maurier
- I want to have an ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ experience where I drop off the face of the planet and move to Greece.– Jennifer Hyman
- In many ways, we are all sons and daughters of ancient Greece.– Nia Vardalos
- We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.– Aristotle Onassis
- Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.– Nikos Kazantzakis
- Greece – The feeling of being lost in time and geography with months and years hazily sparkling ahead in a prospect of inconjecturable magic– Patrick Leigh Fermor
- There was never a genius without a tincture of madness– Aristotle
- If I’d been born in ancient Greece, I’d worship Zeus and Aphrodite– Richard Dawkins
- Happy is the man, I thought, who, before dying, has the good fortune to sail the Aegean sea.– Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek
- There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance– Socrates
- Greece is a good place to look at the moon, isn’t it– Kari Hesthamar
- Quotes by Greek Philosophers – There was never a genius without a tincture of madness – Aristotle
- For the wise, it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home for a good soul.– Democritus
- Greece Captions – We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds. – Aristotle Onassis
We’ve included some fantastic Athens quotes for your convenience, which you may use as captions in your images or videos if desired.
- “Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence”– John Milton
- “A great city, whose image dwells in the memory of man, is the type of some great idea. Rome represents conquest; Faith hovers over the towers of Jerusalem; and Athens embodies the pre-eminent quality of the antique world, Art.”– Benjamin Disraeli
- “Let there be light! Said Liberty, And like the sunrise from the sea, Athens arose!”– Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “And thence from Athens turn away our eyes To seek new friends and stranger companies.”– William Shakespeare
- “Athens is like a sluggish horse, and I am the gadfly trying to sting it into life.”– Jostein Gaarder
- “Many of our ideas of democracy, so much of our literature and philosophy and science can be traced back to roots right here in Athens.”– Barack Obama
- “Such is beauty ever – neither here nor there, now nor then – neither in Rome nor in Athens, but wherever there is a soul to admire.”– Henry David Thoreau
Meet Biju Debnath, the founder and editor of Swag Captions. He started the blog in 2019 and continues to manage it to this day. With over 5 years of experience writing social media captions, he has been successful in making this blog the largest free Instagram Caption provider site in the industry.